Terms of service
This is a summary of the original terms of service, translated to English to your convenience. Please consider that this an auxiliary version of the original terms of service, and the Spanish version is the one to be officially followed when requesting any of the products and services to Licos Aragón. To read the original and official terms of service (in Spanish) please go here.
The following terms are effective as of the date a person (the “customer”) requests any of the items (“products”) listed in this catalogue to the author (“provider”).
The customer accepts and must pay at least 50 % of the final price of their products before any development is made; and pay the remaning amount before the products are finished. The customer agrees with these terms upon performing the first payment.
Any interactions and information provided between the provider and the customer are classified; and will be used only during the development of the customer’s products.
Any contact information belonging to the customer could be used to send special offers and other newsletters only if the owner of this contact information approves the use of it for this purpose.
The customer and the provider must use an electronic and written medium to interact. E-mail is highly recommended. These interactions include (but are not limited to) request a quote, a product and/or any other actions related to the development of the customer’s product.
The provider will include in their quote the price of every development stage (i.e. outline, coloring, shading, etc.) individually, the final price of the product, and a summary of the customer’s request.
Once the development has started, the provider will inform to the customer any dates for revisions corresponding to each of the development stages of their product. During these revisions, the customer may request modifications, as long as these changes are not part of a different development stage.
The provider must comply with these modifications, establishing a new due date (if necessary) for a new revision of the same stage. This action can be done up to three times (including the very first revision) per stage. In case the customer needs additional revisions, or their modifications belong to any previously finished stage, the provider will charge the customer for any applicable fees.
If the customer wishes to add or remove any of the stages of their product (i.e. coloring, shading, background, etc.), they can a) for addition, request them and pay for any additional fees according to the new characteristics of their product; or b) for removal, notify the provider which characteristics they would like to remove from their product before the development of these stages start. If the development has started (or was finished) already, the customer will not be refunded. Refunds will be done only if these development stages were not started at all.
- The relative price for refunds is calculated as follows:
- Sketch 10 %
- Outline 20 % without background, 15 % with background
- Colours 35% without background, 25 % with background
- Shadows and lights 35 % without background, 25 % with background
- Background (only when requested) 25%
Once all development stages have finished and there are no further modifications to be done, the product will be considered as finished.
Modifications can be done to a finished product. These, althought, are subject to the provider’s availability and the provider must pay for any applicable fees.
Formats for a finished product are listed in each section. If the customer needs an additional format, they must inform the provider with the characteristics of this new format. Charges may apply depending on the requested format.
The product will be delivered via direct download from an online storage service. The provider will send a link to the product via e-mail and its availability is of one month after the product’s completion. The receiving e-mail address will be the same e-mail address used to send the payment via Paypal.
The only valid payment methods for international customers is via Paypal and in American Dollars USD. For customers living in Mexico (United Mexican States), please refer to the catalogue in Spanish, following this link.
The provider will set a due date for the finished product before starting any development. In case the provider is unable to finish the product in that day, is mandatory for the provider to set a new due date, up to two times. If the provider was unable to finish the product in the third (and last) due date, the customer will receive a refund corresponding to the development that has not been done and the provider will set a new (and last) due date, and set top priority to that product. Additionaly, the customer will receive a discount to any of the products in their next commissioned work to the provider.
The customer may request a cancellation of their product at any development stage. To do this, they must notify the customer. Refunds will be done corresponding to the development stages that were not started.
The provider reserves the right to cancel any of the requests. This action does not guarantee refunds to the customer. Cancellation could be due to (but not limtited to) these cases: a)customer’s long response time in any contact or payment, b)aggressive behavior, direct or indirect, against the provider, c)the customer does not comply with any of their obligations in these terms, d)Any other action that affects the service to other customers or affects the provider, e) themes that are not morally appropiate.
The provider reserves the right to refuse service to any customer at his own discretion.
The customer may use their product in prints or any digital media without restrictions. Althought, credits must not be removed from the image and/or they should be clearly seen in the description of the image.
The customer grants the rights to use their characters to the provider exclusively for the development of their product. Additionally, the customer confirms the rights from others’ characters were granted to them for use in their product. In case the rights of any third party characters is involved without permission, the provider will not be responsible of the incorrect use of them, being the customer the only responsible of this action.
The provider is the only owner of the moral and economic rights of the product (unless otherwise is stated). Any character or element included in the product belonging originally to the customer or a third party is still property of their respective owners.
The provider may use the product in prints or digital media without restrictions and is not obligated to notify the customer of its use.
Prices may vary depending on the complexity. For adult content, the final price increases by 50 %. Adult content is:
- Violence, either explicit or suggestive.
- Consumption of harmful substances.
- Nudes and sexual acts, either explicit or suggestive.
Prices do not include shipping, either national or international. A digital file can be sent via e-mail for printing upon request.
Damage or any other difficulties during the shipping are responsibility of the shipping service. However, I will do as much as possible to prevent them.
For products not listed in this catalogue, please contact the provider to discuss about it.
Products intended to be used for comercial purposes, may have an additional cost.
Each additional character has an additional cost, calculated as follows:
- For sketches and outlines, each additional character has an additional cost of 30% of the price of the first (or most complex) character (does not include background).
- In sequences (additional pages or images to a collection), characters and pages are calculated as additional characters, 30% of the price of the first (or most complex) character (does not include background).
- For coloured illustrations, of any kind, each additional character in the same image has an additional cost of 30% based on the first (or most complex) character (does not include background).
- For sequences of coloured illustrations (additional pages or images to a collection), each image is charged individually.
Bitmap-made images will be delivered in either (or both) of these formats:
- JPG image at 72 dpi and with the canvas’ original size, starting at 2500px on its shorter side.
- PSD image (merged) at 72 dpi and with the canvas’ original size, starting at 2500px on its shorter side.
Vector images will be delivered in either (or both) of these formats:
- JPG image at 72 dpi and maximum lenght and height of 2500px.
- PNG image at 72 dpi and maximum lenght and height of 2500px.
Images will be delivered in these formats:
- PNG images, at 72 dpi and 512 px on each side.
- A link to add your sticker pack to your Telegram user (optional)
Each additional character has an additional price relative to 40% of the individual price of a sticker in a set. This means, corresponding to its proportinal price in the requested sticker set.
Images will be delivered in either (or both) of these formats:
- JPG image at 72 dpi and a maximum lenght and height of 2500 px.
- PSD image (merged) at 72 dpi and a maximum legnth and height of 2500 px.
A character reference includes:
- ¾ front view.
- ¾ back view.
- Three close-ups to any body part, such as (but not limited to) the eyes, tail, hands, ears, etc. Fur markings and tattoos are considered as a close-up.
- Up to eight color swatches. Textures and cloth patterns are considered as a swatch.
- Name and species.
- A brief description of your character. You should provide this information. Limited to 40 words.
- Weigth and height (optional).
- Any additional elements you want. Charges may apply.
References are exclusively for one character.
Upon requesting your custom logo, please include a short description of your (or your brand’s) personality and a short description of the people you are working to (your customers). The customer will receive three different initial designs and they can pick one to continue working on it.
Images will be delivered in either (or both) of these formats:
- PSD image (merged) at 72 dpi and a maximum legnth and height of 1280 px.
- PNG image, at 72 dpi and maximum lenght and height of 1280 px.
The maximum recommended amount of colors should be four (4), and for typographies should be one or two (2).
Licences for typographies’ commercial use is the customer’s responsibility.
Upon request the provider will work on additional designs for the customer’s visual identity in different media, with additional cost.
Badges will be delivered in one (or more) of these formats:
- JPG image at 72 dpi, with maximum lenght or height of 1280 px.
- PDF file at 300 dpi, letter size, A4 size and cropping instructions are included.
- Printed, laminated and punched. The final size of your badge is 10 cm × 14 cm (additional cost).
Your badge’s orientation could be either horizontal or vertical. Vertical orientation is recommended.
A badge includes:
- One fully colored character.
- Your name or a word. Could be either a preset typography or a custom lettering (charges may apply).
- Geometric or texture background.
It’s highly recommended to find a high-quality printing service and make a print test. Any color or quality variation are your own responsibility.
© Licos Aragón 2018, all rights reserved.